Do you have a vintage image – of any era – you’d like to share? Please send it here and it will be added to the gallery and our Facebook page.
Click on the images to view them larger size and with descriptions.
Six combines cutting a barley field at Balmakewan ,1950s.
Laurencekirk Townswomens Guild 1980/81
Laurencekirk Townswoman's Guild, unknown date
Sledging early 60s at Gardenston St. left to right, Susan Hogg, Davy Thomson, Robert Taylor, Malcolm Nicol, Irene Smith, Eddie Terran, Allan Nicol, Charlie Elder, Hamish Williamson, Derek Wood. Photo taken by Reg Clark.
OAP Outing Laurencekirk 1982
Laurencekirk Youth Club in the old Masonic Hall, early sixties.
Douglas Baker Retiral Presentation 1970-1980
Ernie Davis and Bob Cattanach retirement from Laurencekirk post office 1971
Laurencekirk and District Post Office Staff Ian Hector retirement
Laurencekirk Post Office Staff Social Evening Late 1960's
The staff of Douglas the bakers, Laurencekirk.
Laurencekirk School about 1946/47
The A class from Laurencekirk school, late 40s or early 50s.
Redmyre School pupils Fordoun 1947-48
Laurencekirk Secondary Modern class 2B/3B, around 1964
Laurencekirk West End football team
Laurencekirk Bowling Club, around 1914.
Bottom of Laurencekirk High Street, possibly late 19th or early 20th century.
Smiddy and smiddy house at 72 High Street Laurencekirk.
Thomas Callander, the blacksmith who owned the Smiddy on Laurencekirk High Street
Thomas Callander in later years.
Laurencekirk loom weavers
Bothy lads at the Bent farm Laurencekirk. Jock Reid in the middle of picture, holding the spurtle.
James Laing, David Burnett Laing and Eliza Main c1900. James Laing was chemist in Laurencekirk for over 50 years until his death in 1937.
Eliza Main, David Burnett Laing and James Laing, around 1916/17. Eliza Main, James Laing's wife, was sister to Alfie Main, who had a bookmakers shop in Laurencekirk.
James Laing and his grandson Ian Burnett Laing, thought to be taken in 1936 at the rear of James' chemist shop on Alma Place/High Street, Laurencekirk.
Eliza Main, James Laing's wife, taken in the room above the chemist shop on Alma Place/High Street, Laurencekirk, possibly around 1935.
Hector Longmuir from Laurencekirk (on left) with an unknown comrade from Australian Light Infantry. Hector served in WW1 with the Black Watch.
Laurencekirk Golf Club, on the Garvock.
A group of golfers at Laurencekirk Golf Club, possibly the 1920s.
Laurencekirk Golf Club members.
Laurencekirk and St Cyrus Scouts at Meagie Camp, 1943
Fordoun Cronies 1970 poem
Fordoun Indoor Bowling Club 1964
Fordoun SWRI social evening 1970's
Lollipop man Robert Simson, Laurencekirk
Alexander (Sandy) Simson with mother Jane
Alexander & Mary Simpson (Simson} with a few of their children.
Charlotte & Groom John Watt, son Willie and daughter Francis of Little Thornton, by Laurencekirk.
Laurencekirk Station before it was modernised.
Haulkerton Crescent under construction in 2004.
Ols Slaughterhouse, Taylor's Lane