Laurencekirk Patient Participation Group are to hold a health and fitness event, with many local and regional groups taking part, on 31st August.
The event is designed to let people see the wide variety of ways to stay fit and healthy.
Local doctors will be in attendance, giving advice and doing health checks such as blood pressure and weight.
Groups, representatives and health experts attending the event include:
• First Response
• Mearns Healthy Living Network
• Jacquie D. Zumba Fitness
• Mearns Sports Centre
• Laurencekirk Hillwalking Club
• Luthermuir and Laurencekirk Bowling Clubs
• Laurencekirk Amateur Musical Society
• Edzell Pharmacy
• Scottish Health Council
• Healthy Helpings dietician
• Smoking Cessation Service
• Drug Proof Your Kids
• Discovery & Duke of Edinburgh Awards organisers
The event is free and open to everyone. Refreshments will be available. Youngsters will be able to get smoothies, fruit juice, water and balloons at the Kid’s Corner.
The event will run from 10am – 12 noon, 31st August, St. Laurence Hall, Laurencekirk.